1. When her husband was given a job overseas, she had to decide whether toaccompany him or not.
(A) go with (B) argue with (C) avoid
2. In the middle of the night the sleeping campers were alarmed by a loud crash.
(A) excited (B) signaled (C) frightened
3. One of California's greatest problems is providing adequate water to meet the needs of its expanding population.
(A) sufficient (B) palatable (C) suitable
4. Although South Carolina's mineral resources are abundant, not all of them can be mined lucratively.
(A) molten (B) plentiful (C) diverse
5. While they were away on vacation, they allowed their mail to accumulate the post office.
(A) pile up (B) get lost (C) be returned
6. Lorraine Hansberry acquired a deep affection for Africa and its people from her uncle William, a professor of African history at Howard University.
(A) respect (B) longing (C) fondness
7. The accommodations of this hotel are limited to 600 persons.
(A) epoches (B) lodgings (C) fiascoes
8. Can you account for how the money got into your bag?
(A) explain (B) tally (C) survey
9. When transferred from one container to another of a different design, a liquid will maintain its volume but alter its shape.
(A) modify(B)stretch (C) confine
10. The road west gave access to the lake.
(A) ascendancy (B) approach(C)exit
11、The mystery story aroused my imagination.
(A) stimulated (B) prolonged (C) glorified
12、When you apply for a loan, you must show that you have asset to cover the amount of the loan
(A) assessments (B) properties (C) legal documents
13、Microfilm can hold a large amount of information in a very small storage space because the image is stored in reduced form.
(A) packet (B) book (C) quantity
14、The car was made in 1800; it is now regarded as an antique.
(A) a product (B) a relic (C) a layman
15. Attempts have been made for nearly three decades to increase the amount of precipitation from clouds by seeding them with salt or sliver iodide.
(A) Devices (B) Hypotheses (C) Efforts
16. The ropes are tightly anchored to the rock.
(A) fastened (B) restricted (C) dragged
17. The design of highways and expressways is dictated by terrain features and the anticipated volume of traffic.
(A) desired (B) expected (C) erratic
18. George Gershwin was the first American musician whose jazz compositions were seriously appreciated by concert audiences.
(A) beard (B) sought (C) admired
19. Walk softly as you approach the sleeping baby.
(A)cross (B)drive against (C)near
20. The Chinese people worship their ancestors.
(A)forefathers (B)elders (C)heirs
1-10 ACABA CBAAB
11-20 ABCBC ABCCA